Bike Racing, Weight Lifting, Heavy Metal, Shittalking

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ok so that last little expiriment was an obvious failure...

So I spend the day today "resting" or eating an entire bag or Oreo's and watching as many episodes of Lost as I can get my head around on the Netflix Watch Now.

Rest is essential since November I have been squatting heavy progressing to 3x3 sets over 300#, front squatting 5x3 250#. I power cleaned 215# for 1 twice. My lifting is progressing. Hence my resting is key. I have really spent this time while I have been marginally employed here in Oakland to rest as much as I could while lifting around 3 times a week focusing on building my strength base, something I had never done. I figured I had ridden enough in the last seven years of being a working cyclist plus training had given me enough muscle memory to take a couple months off cycling. In fact I should while I could.






My ladyfriend is in great shape currently. She raced in LA this weekend, got second twice. She should have won the omnium at the track (evidence below) but was denied. She has attended two USAC training camps and is in race shape. I am a little worried that she is too fit too early, but its too late to cross train or take a break, she'll just have to kick ass till Natz.









Thats it right now. More later.

No comments: