Bike Racing, Weight Lifting, Heavy Metal, Shittalking

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Friday Was a Good Day

Taught a spin class in the morning. Felt good. Went to band practice, and our new singer Josh showed up and we got the PA to work and he sang. It was magic. He's got talent and experience, knows what sounds good. He used to sing for Cuddle Machines around here and was in 16, a seminal sludge metal band that did two amazing splits with Grief that I remember loving when I was 19/20. Stoked. I checked my email and Annie from Quest for G casting sent word that I had made it to the second round of casting and I needed to send another audition tape in, this one 10 minutes long, by Monday.

Cue freak out. I rode to Affinity to talk with Jay about this impossible task. I totally had a panic attack. I GChatted w/ Luke and he was slammed with work this weekend and couldn't help. He helped me out so much with the last video I couldn't bitch. He's my life coach. Really.

I gave Danimal a call and he set me straight about how I should approach it. I took the impossible and broke it down into small tasks and got Luke to agree to let me barrow his apartment and computer to edit the footage on Saturday night. I found a camera to barrow. They wanted people in my life to talk in this tape about me as an athlete. I decided to just set up the camera in Affinity on Saturday and shoot who ever would come by, go shoot at Crossfit, talk to the coaches there and just slap it together quick and dirty using leftovers from the first tape. 

I had a plan and it was time to de-stress doing some squats. I left the shop headed home to get ready for the gym and my second spin class of the day. Colin called me to tell me about a new client. I told him that all this management was getting to be too much without enough money coming back in return. He agreed. We decided that it was time for some other people in our collective to start pulling more weight.

I squatted 235# 5 reps, 3 sets. Did 50# weighted pullups 4 reps, 3 sets. Taught a good class too. My attitude was been super positive. I checked my email and the woman casting the show sent me an email saying that the first audition was all they needed from me. I called her up to confirm this and she gave me the dates for the "boot camp." So glad I called. She thought she emailed me the dates but she realized during our conversation she didn't. Questions answered! 

I ate some food with Elizabeth and we drank a bottle of wine. We saw Frost Nixon. It was good. The end bothered me. It left you with the impression that Nixon was a broken man after that. In reality he was consulted by every president following him on foreign policy matters, including Clinton. He was a true statesman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is usually possible to see that an individual pikalaina organization charge you unique interest levels for several credit history worthwhile men and women besides your discrepancy associated with discrimination. It's having said that pushing to understand that is not dominant specially in the metropolitan areas. For the reason that almost all folks across the world are able to connect to one another and discover more with individuals instead of the coloring alone. For that reason, pikalaina businesses in england initially can give pikalaina by using equal rights for starting their own regulations to the pay out ease of your companion.

http://ultrafocus.in/article/article.php?id=27102
http://chatsex.xxx/index.php?do=/blog/5128/pressing-cash-loans-probable-financial-commitment-to-clear-out-your-current/