Bike Racing, Weight Lifting, Heavy Metal, Shittalking

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ride AMRAP Ride

This morning I took a little recovery ride through Prospect Park with Rick. It was such a nice day, the park was packed at 9:00 AM when we got there. It was such a pleasant experience. Spring in winter. I went to my girlfriend's house and we talked about the possibility of my being gone to LA for 4-8 months. It's going to be hard but I feel it will temper our relationship, really test to see if it was meant to be.

I did the AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) I missed from yesterday. It was:
row 250 m
21 95# sumo deadlift high pull
15 pullups

It was tough. I got four rounds in. The row was good, I set the baffle at 10 and kept my pace around 1:40/500m, my first round of sdhp's I broke down into 7 rep setlets and the pullups into 5 rep setlets. By the third round I was doing 3 rep setlets on both. On my 4th round I was doing singles by the end of the pullups. As I started the pullups I had 45 seconds left. I literally got my last pull up in the last second of 20 min. It was dope!

No comments: