Bike Racing, Weight Lifting, Heavy Metal, Shittalking

Thursday, August 21, 2008

The End of the Racing Queens

Last night was the final Wednesday night of the racing season. The end of the season is always a bit bitter sweet for me. I am pretty cooked by this time, certainly not burned out yet but certainly a good medium well. I am pretty stoked to get into my off season training, get my training plan together. Each year I learn so much and taking it and applying to next year is exciting.

I think next year is going to be my big year for track. I have nothing holding me back, no band, nothing. I can focus completely and just put my life 100% into training and racing. I have a very supportive family and friend group, a pretty low stress life. Jay has been talking to a pretty exciting potential sponsor for a CRCA/Affinity track team and he's super excited about the possibilities for next year. He came out to the track yesterday and talked with Tony and Andrew Lacorte about getting on the team for next year. He got us all super excited. I hope that all of these efforts to make a NYC based track racing team are coalesced into a super squad.

The racing last night was good too. I won one race, point-a-lap, got third in a scratch race, and ended up with second in the omnium. That's a good end to the season. The point-a-lap was funny, I went for one point, ended up getting 3/4 of a lap on the field. So I stayed out and got the last three points.

I have three more races to finish this season out: New York State Championships, North American Cycle Courier Championships and then Masters Track Nationals. At States I want a win. Lacorte got me a little worked up because he was telling me about how a bunch of juniors and other T-Town racers are gonna come for the Elite qualifier because they didn't qualify there. He was naming all the guys to watch and some of the notorious assholes coming from the road scene. They don't know Ol' Lumpy like I do. I ain't scared.

NACCC's will be fun. I am gonna defend my sprint title from San Francisco. I am going with Gina, Willis and Dagga. We are gonna get a hotel, do it up. Then it's straight to San Jose for Masters Track Nats. NACCCs 8/29-9/1, Masters Nats 9/2-8. That's a big bitch. The real trick will to not party super hard at NACCC's. That might be impossible.

No comments: