Bike Racing, Weight Lifting, Heavy Metal, Shittalking

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I am gonna sweep the State Champs

Goals. It is important to have them. I have them every so often. They kinda pick themselves really. I have no real conscious control over it. Influence, yes. Its similar to love. I have identified criteria for my goals, like attainability. Similarly I have identified my preferred traits in mates, like tattoos.

So for New York State Championships on August 23,24, my current goal is to sweep the sprinters trifecta: Keirin, Match Sprint and Kilo. My kilo times have been improving through the whole season. I want to do sub 1:15, which I am confident is attainable. I think I am gonna go for a 92-94 inch gear and use drop bars. The match sprint is gonna be the real struggle, because Andrew Lacourte is back on his bike after his crash that seperated his shoulder. He isn't doing massed start races anymore but he has started training again. We shall see! 



No comments: